HR policies and procedures evolve and/or are inherited, and before you know it they are out of date or do not meet the needs of your business. So, where do you start? How do you know what is in need of updating? What is the risk of not updating? How much work is involved? Can it be done in-house?
Our fixed fee HR health check is designed to answer all these questions. We meet you on site for 1 hour and review all your documents.
Within 48 hours we will produce a written report to:
- Confirm what is good and working well.
- What needs updating/replacing.
- Identify potential new polices practices etc to meet the changing needs facing your business.
- An action plan sorted by risk and priority.
We do not believe in change for change’s sake, and will advise on the most effective way for the HR policies and practices to be updated both now, and on an ongoing basis.
We advise health checks in the following situations:
- Following a TUPE transfer.
- Following a tribunal claim.
- Significant business growth /change.
- If your employee handbook has not been updated at least annually .
We’ve identified certain aspects that need to be updated, but then how do you keep on top of things? We understand that it can be a daunting and tedious task. Our HR Health Check ensures your HR practice supports your business goals, whilst complying with employment legislation and adhering to best practice. This service is flexible enough to act as standalone service, or a catalyst for change.
The HR Health Check covers:
- Sickness Absence- monitoring and managing poor attendance due to ill-health.
- Disciplinary and Grievance Management- approach to, and confidence in, investigations and hearings.
- Organization Change, including growth, restructuring/redundancies.
- Management & Storage of Documentation, including compliance with data protection.
- Staffing Policies-written documents governing equal opportunities, disciplinary, grievance procedures etc.
- Recruitment Procedures and Practice, including pre-employment checks, offer documentation, induction process and contracts of employment
As well as identifying good and best practice, the report will highlight risks and areas that need improvement and gives you an action plan outlining how to move forward; mitigating risks, leaving you less exposed. We won’t preach policy & procedure, we simply highlight potential problems & provide practical advice on how to navigate them, allowing you to spend less time firefighting and more time proactively planning, managing and focusing on strategy.